Hi! I've been these last days trying to regain access to an ancient issue
while dealing with dates. Searching Jira I found this...

http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-5610?jql=text%20~%20%22datetool%22

... and this at XWiki Platforma site...

http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/SRD/datetool

To the best of my understanding ComparisonDateTool is implemented and
accessible through $datetool velocity variable. But I'm not able to get it
working.