On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 12:03 PM, Wolfgang Theissen
<wolfgang.theis...@online.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to upgrade our XWIKI Installation from 7.4.5 to 8.4.4 (running on
> an Tomcat7/Ubuntu 16.0.4 ). I folllowed the upgrade guide which basically
> says nothing except apt-get update and apt-get upgrade. The database should
> be upgraded by the distribution wizard. The apt-get commands are executed
> without errors.
> But this leaves a broken system.It failes to initialize the Solr embedded
> server:
> "Could not load conf for core xwiki: Error loading solr config from
> /var/lib/xwiki/data/solr/xwiki/conf/solrconfig.xml"
>
> But as far as I understood this file in untouched by the upgrade so it
> should be the same. So I assume the error is elseware.  I double checked all
> other configuration files (xwiki.cfg, xwiki.properties, webx.ml,
> catalina.properties) they should be okay.

In this specific use case the issue is that the file is untouched. You
should delete /var/lib/xwiki/data/solr/ and restart so that solr index
is automatically recreated.

Unfortunately there is no automatic upgrade of Solr index right now
when there is a change in the schema.

--
Thomas Mortagne