Hi list,

This is my first post. Just starting with XWiki, and pretty excited about
everything it can do.

I’m trying to configure the registration text (what unregistered users see when
they create a new account on page XWikiRegister). I changed what I want in
Administration:Registration (page heading and welcome message), as described in
the XWiki help.

However, when an unregistered user goes to the registration page, they will not
see my custom message, but a default message above the registration form (note
absence of styling):
> Registration
> Sign up here so you can edit pages and participate in the wiki.

But… when I navigate to the registration page while logged in with my
administrator account, I get the page with my customised page heading and
welcome message. By navigate, I mean copy the link
".../xwiki/bin/register/XWiki/XWikiRegister" into my address bar.

And… when I navigate to the same page while logged in with a non-administrator
account, I get an error ("You are not allowed to view this page or perform this
action.”). Which is OK, I guess.

Can anyone point me towards what might be going on? My best guess is that it is
a rights problem (I’ve been fighting with those). But I have no idea where to
look.

My XWiki version is a hosted enterprise 8.4.4.

Thank you so much for your help!

Cheers,
Gilles