From: moon soo Lee [m...@apache.org]
Sent: Saturday, 28 May 2016 6:00 AM
To: users@zeppelin.apache.org
Subject: Re: Getting 'File name too long' error when running scala code in
Zeppelin

Hi,

You can see 'args' property on spark interpreter setting, in interpreter menu.
Could you try there and see if it works?

Thanks,
moon

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 12:18 AM Polina Marasanova
<polina.marasan...@quantium.com.au<mailto:polina.marasan...@quantium.com.au>>
wrote:
Hello,

Sometimes running scala code in Zeppelin I'm getting an error 'File name too
long'. To keep working in Notebook I need to restart the interpreter after it.
Seems that it's a Scala bug which can be fixed by this workaround
Could you please advice me what is the right way to apply this option?
I already tried this to add in spark-defaults.conf this:
 spark.driver.extraJavaOptions   -Xmax-classfile-name=128
And it doesn't help.

Thank you

Cheers
Polina Marasanova