Thanks for the explain.

Currently, we can not attach event handler to chart generated by the app
via spark sql query.

When you display custom chart using d3 or any other javascript library in
Zeppelin notebook, then you can leverage angulardisplay system and use
z.runParagraph to run paragraph B.

If Zeppelin can support drill down mechanism without requiring implement
chart from scratch or complicated code writing, that would be really
useful. This can be a nice discussion topic and one of the future roadmap.

Thanks,
moon