>>> at /home/asif/zeppelin-0.6.2-bin-all/metastore_db has an incompatible
>>> format with the current version of the software. The database was created
>>> by or upgraded by version 10.11.

Try to delete this folder and rerun it again.

Best Regard,
Jeff Zhang

From: moon soo Lee <m...@apache.org<mailto:m...@apache.org>>
Date: Thursday, November 17, 2016 at 6:47 AM
To: "users@zeppelin.apache.org<mailto:users@zeppelin.apache.org>"
<users@zeppelin.apache.org<mailto:users@zeppelin.apache.org>>, Muhammad Rezaul
Karim <reza_cse...@yahoo.com<mailto:reza_cse...@yahoo.com>>
Subject: Re: Having issues with Hive RuntimeException in runing Zeppelin
notebook applicaiton

Hi,

It's strange,
Do you have SPARK_HOME or HADOOP_CONF_DIR defined in conf/zeppelin-env.sh?

You can stop Zeppelin, delete /home/asif/zeppelin-0.6.2-bin-all/metastore_db,
start Zeppelin and try again.

Thanks,
moon

On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 4:05 PM Muhammad Rezaul Karim