Hi Paul, Knapp,

Please don't mind update LDAP documentation if you would like to.
That would save many people!

Documentation (published in zeppelin website) is also part of opensource
and you can update them by making pull request. I think related file is
https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/blob/master/docs/security/shiroauthentication.md#ldap
.
Let me know if you need help on making pull request.

Thanks,
moon