For what it's worth I have successfully added jar files and maven packages
to sessions using zeppelin & livy 0.3 - although not using %dep.  In the
interpreter settings I set the livy.spark.jars setting for jars that are on
my HDFS cluster, and livy.spark.jars.packages for maven packages - although
only using maven central and not a local repo.

--Ben

--
*BENJAMIN VOGAN* | Data Platform Team Lead

<http://www.shopkick.com/>
<https://www.facebook.com/shopkick> <https://www.instagram.com/shopkick/>
<https://www.pinterest.com/shopkick/> <https://twitter.com/shopkickbiz>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company-beta/831240/?pathWildcard=831240>