Sorry for the late reply.

I already tinker many things on the Shiro configuration (omitting or adding
quote, removing OUs, changing searchbase), but none has successfully resolve
my issue.

I already search the web, one person seems to be having the same issue, but
no solution on that.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40644145/apache-zeppelin-ad-ldap-realm

Right now my temporary solution is having two simultaneous realms, IniRealm
and ActiveDirectoryGroupRealm. ActiveDirectoryGroupRealm handles official
credentials, and IniRealm handles small static admin credential.

Is there anyone who have same issue as me?