*Please reply to ,*
* vin...@1pointsys.com <vin...@1pointsys.com>*
*Title: SQL DBA*
*Location: San Francisco, CA*
*Duration: 3 Months+*
*All candidate summited for the SQL DBA role must be local to CA and will
have to do one phone screening and one F2F interview.*
The candidate must have Experience in the setup and configuration of SQL
Clustering, Replication, and Always-On
Summary: Currently seeking a Database Administrator to join our growing
Data Management team in the oversight and administration of our enterprise
In this highly technical and hand-on role, you will be responsible for the
administration, operations and governance of all relational database
servers, as well as unstructured and big data stores. You will be a key
resource in supporting and administering our e-commerce systems and making
recommendations to improve the scalability and longevity of the underlying
This role is responsible for Production and Pre-Production
Database Administration, Change Management and Data Governance for data
repositories, platforms, tools and development. In this role you are
expected to work closely with our Data and Infrastructure Architects in
the design, implementation, transition and maintenance of data solutions
and ensuring associated standards and best practices for enterprise data
· Install, configure , upgrade and administer database platforms,
tools and utilities (Primarily, but not limited to, MS SQL Server)
· Establish regular maintenance routines for backup, recovery and
· Develop business continuity and disaster recovery plans for
corporate data stores and databases
· Establish and enforce security policies to ensure data integrity,
PCI compliance, protect PII data
· Works with Infrastructure team to implement scalable hardware,
network and storage architectures
· Proactively monitor and performance tune databases and
troubleshoot bottlenecks and system performance at the network, storage and
· Support engineers and developers to design performant, scalable
and optimized objects and queries
· Manage and coordinate with 3rd party providers and offshore
resources in Production monitoring
· Provide tier 1 and 2 support to Production databases, jobs and
· Follows and enforces the change control polices and database
lifecycle management process
· Reduce database proliferation and redundancies by developing
strategies to utilize existing database server investments
· Track and report daily metrics on up-time, utilization, logins,
blocking, locking, etc.
· Handles the productions escalations and resolution of the complex
technical issues and complaints with a positive can-do attitude.
· Collaborates with architects, data stakeholders, tech teams and
product owners to foster governance and flexibility
· Ability to understand complex business problems and clearly
communicate with management and stakeholders
· 5 + Years of experience with Database Administration for MS-SQL
· Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
· Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using
native monitoring and third party troubleshooting tools.
· Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
· Experience with Transnational Replication
· Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR)
options for MS-SQL Server.
· Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
· Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
· Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
and proper disk configurations.
· Experience with proactive maintenance strategies, implementation
· Strong understanding of database architecture, physical
infrastructure and storage systems
· Good communication and documentation skills.
· BS or BA in a business or computer science related field of study
· Strong communication skills with customer service focus.
· Ability to handle multiple projects, tasks and priorities required
Preferred candidates would also have:
· Strong experience with managing highly replicated environments
· Experience managing and monitoring 7x24 Production database
· Ability to thrive in an interrupt driven environment and to
· Experience in the setup and configuration of SQL Clustering,
Replication, and Always-On
· Previous experience in user group teaching or participation
· MSCE, MCITP in Database Administration
1 Point System LLC
Unit 103, 206 N College St, Pineville, North Carolina, 28134
*P*: *803-317-2541* *E* : vin...@1pointsys.com
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/usitcv.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.