kilopascal wrote:

Note the use of  Gaelic at the end.  This person is definitely anti-British.
Thus anything the British oppose, such as metric and the Euro, he supports.
These Irish support the EU because they feel the EU can protect them from
the British.  Ireland can never be truly free.  They are either linked to
Britain or to Europe.  And if you are anti-British, then Europe it is!

I agree on your metric sentiments, John, but your thinking that the use of Gaelic on
the end of that particular letter denotes anti-Britishness is something I think needs
challenging!!

In Southern Ireland, they routinely have road signs written in both English and Gaelic
and car number plates written in exclusively Gaelic!!

Baile Atha Cliath (Dublin) is often found on car number plates and on road signs along
with it's English equivalent!!

Southern Ireland is essentially a free State in its own right!!  Most British
occupation, which for the most part was wrong in my opinion, was centred in Northern
Ireland after the start of the troubles in the late '60's!!

Though it would be stupid of me to pretend there is no anti-British feeling in
Ireland, there is a lot less than you would imagine!!

Regards,

Steve.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]