|
Marcus, Joe, Bill and friends:
I have seen USMA 21366 -
Proposal on Decimal Time. I have not seen any replies to proposal or additional
information.
It is unfortunate that I do not
see many seriuos enthusiasts to 'see through' the difficulties and insist the
day to be of TEN hours duration etc. Other than the general clockwork, the time
zones, the 365-day year re-distribution and rotation of Earth connection with
*geometric angle* i.e. Hour-Angle; the proposal I sent for realistic examination
to USMA headquarters, has most solutions that I have attempted to make home into
minds. May be I lack in the approach..... and?
Some relevant factors that
additionally need be considered are:
FUTURE CALENDAR MUST MEET
THE CRITERIA
(a) to over come discrepancies of the Gregorian calendar and provide possible solution to account for 365th and 366th day over the 52-weeks (of 7-days in each week) without causing a break
in the continuation of ‘sabbath
cycle’; (b) apart from these social requirements, the future calendar must stand the litmus test for scientific account of planetary motions and maintain count of time passage in ‘Years/Weeks or Months/Days and Time of the Day in Hours-Minutes-Seconds’ and also keep track of angular motion of spin of the earth in its axis; (c) to cause minimal changes in ‘set mind frame’ of humans, when
dealing with day-to-day activities among NATIONS; (d) consideration for ease to manipulate calculations related with mathematics (trigonometric functions) and planetary bodies and
natural or manmade objects in space; (e) use of day count during the year for input/output parameters in
Automatic Data Processing Machines/Systems; and Narmalisation in science the expression of the instant of an event by numbering of SI or decimalized seconds elapsed since origin of an Era or TAI (International Astronomical Time) - inclusive of Years, weeks/months and day-count along with part of the hour-minute-second (solar, sidereal or other scales).
I have been attempting to awaken the *will of experts* to join and reawaken the
'need for a World Calendar' which had been strayed into politico-religious
discussions (as I imagine - in the absence of valid information), rather than
the socio-scientific values connected withboosting the SAVINGS and ease
day-to-day activities. A delayed decision is NO DECISION and
hence sidetracking from the main forum.
Could some body help me in getting in touch with *the reasons of failure of
World Calendar Proposal of 'Elizabeth Achelis' - then President of World
Calendar Association, New York*? As for me, I only need petty facility to
make America and India proud that 'there are solutions to problems'; rather than
problems for solutions!
I wish my mail box gets filled with 'healthy
arguments'.
Brij
Bhushan Vij mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
|
- [USMA:24396] Radius of the Earth BB VIJ
- [USMA:24396] Radius of the Earth Pat Naughtin
