On Tuesday 07 March 2006 22:31, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> This guy is a US citizen who moved to Australia and now lives in some rural
> area there.  As I've said before, Congress only listens to the whiners like
> him and thinks they are representative, and therefore does idiot things
> like remove highway metrication provisions and much more.

I don't think it's the whiners they're listening to. It's the people with
money. I went to a public hearing last year, asking that the local government
put the height of a child on a bus in metric. Nothing happened. 7% of
Charlotte is Hispanic, so they write bus announcements in Spanish. 10% is
immigrants, most of whom speak metric, and they do nothing about it. So I
asked a friend, who told me they listen only to people who contribute to
their campaigns.

phma