I found a clever way to increase metric visibility among wireless Internet users. I have the broadcast SSID on my wireless network set to display "GO METRIC!" as the network name. Since there are 2 cafes on the block, laptop users will see the GO METRIC! SSID whenever they search for a network connection. (This works well in crowded urban neighborhoods like mine where I can detect 7 wireless networks from my living room - probably not so well in suburbia). Anyone else with a wireless router in an urban area care to follow the lead?

--

Scott Hudnall

San Francisco, CA USA

[EMAIL PROTECTED]