  From: ezra.steinb...@comcast.net
  To: U.S. Metric Association
  Cc: Valerie Antoine ; Lorelle Young ; Gary Brown ; U.S. Metric Association
  Sent: Saturday, May 23, 2009 5:10 AM
  Subject: [USMA:45095] Re: Commerce Secretary Gary Locke

   Locke used to be governor of the State of Washington (where I've lived since
2003) and had a solid reputation as reasonable and fairly progressive.

  I'm convinced that with someone like Locke and President Obama we would have
pretty good luck not only amending the FPLA but putting in place a metrication
program if the economy were doing well. As things are, I think we'll consider
ourselves lucky to get the FPLA amended in the next year or two.

  Ezra