No, everyone, I did NOT mean the USMA Executive Board!!!

The U.S. Metric Board (USMB) is NOT the USMA Executive Board, although I suspect that a number of USMA members may end up being appointed to the USMB.

I meant a higher authority indeed.

I meant the U.S. Metric Board as established by the Metric Conversion Act of 1975. This board may have been dismissed by the Reagan Administration in 1982, but the President's authority to appoint a new one remains in force.

This time, as I envision it, the Board will have been granted broad authority to write a coordinated national plan for U.S. metrication to submit to the Congress. THis is just a hope of mine, now! Nothing new has happened.

Paul

I had asked

Quoting Paul Armstrong <u...@otoh.org>:

On 2009-08-09, at 21:11-0700, Paul Trusten wrote:
Bill, if you had the chance, would you like to be on the next U.S. Metric Board?

This brings up a wider question. The board term finishes this year and IIRC
it's elected by all members in good standing.

Can you please post information to this list on:
* When the elections are held (I assume metric week, but couldn't find anything on it)
* When nominations have to be posted
* How to post nominations and what the requirements (if any) for nominees are
* The positions open and their roles/requirements
* Who is actually eligible to vote and how voting will be conducted

Also, I couldn't find a copy of the USMA by-laws. Can they please be posted to the USMA web site?

Thanks,
Paul

--
Make measurement make sense.