On Wednesday 18 July 2012 13:13:55 Martin Vlietstra wrote:
> Hi Pierre,
>
> If I remember correctly, you are Spanish/Latin American.  If that is the
> case, why not go straight to the Spanish-language websites - Mexico (next
> door to the US if I remember my geography correctly :-) ), or Spain which
> is part of the EU.

I tried "cinta métrica" and found one in Iberia (not sure if it's in Spain or
Portugal, as it also contained "fita", which is Portuguese for "cinta"), one
in Colombia, and one that claimed to be in "es_LA", i.e. Spanish as spoken in
Laos. Also found some sites that translate the phrase, but haven't found a
vepecista in Mexico.

On Wednesday 18 July 2012 13:56:56 John M. Steele wrote:
> I can't vouch for any of these, but I Googled "metric only" and "tape
> measure" (I still got a lot that were metric/customary).  In the first
> couple of pages, these three seem responsive to your request:
> http://www.duckworksbbs.com/tools/measure/index.htm
> http://www.right-tool.com/starhigqualm.html (must order via phone)
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stanley-8M-Metric-Tape-Measure-30-457-Contractors-R
>uler-8-Meter-New-/110906064255?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d2843d7f
> All are 8 m, metric only.  I didn't see any "slightly longer" like 10 m.

Duckworks looks like what I want. Thanks. Only the longest diagonals of the
cabin are longer than 8 m, and those I can measure with my longtape.

The house is 20.6 m long including the garage, so I'll need the longtape. All
the marks on the top plate will be multiples of 100 mm (±19 for the trusses).

Pierre
--
.i toljundi do .ibabo mi'afra tu'a do
.ibabo damba do .ibabo do jinga