From: Martin Vlietstra <vliets...@btinternet.com>
Subject: [USMA:52079] RE: World's Largest Paper Snowflake
To: "U.S. Metric Association" <usma@colostate.edu>
Date: Wednesday, December 19, 2012, 8:03 AM

http://www.iowan.com/read/rss_feed/?iowans_wonderland&show=news&newsID=15038

From: owner-u...@colostate.edu [mailto:owner-u...@colostate.edu] On Behalf Of
John M. Steele
Sent: 19 December 2012 11:24
To: U.S. Metric Association
Subject: [USMA:52078] World's Largest Paper Snowflake

Apparently, the artist worked it all out in metric:

"Hanson quipped that she fell in love with the metric system as working with
fractions would have been a nightmare."

Yet the reporter choses to tell us that "Hanson created a 14-foot, 6-inch paper
snowflake in a little under 54 minutes in front of a cheering crowd at the
Kanawha City Hall."

http://globegazette.com/news/local/a-snowflake-for-the-record-books/article_2ec0c7d6-4990-11e2-a34a-0019bb2963f4.html

Another article says Guinness would only consider paper snowflakes over 4 m,
but I can't find what they officially certified it as.