�
Stanislav. Thanks for your questions. I received a welcome
to the USMA discussion list on 14 Dec 2012. Have a look at Page 8 of our
January - February 2013 USMA Newsletter Metric Today and you will see that
the first little blurb is about me in the section: Did You Know That . . .
You ask about my background. I am a Contract Assistant; I process loan and
grant contracts for the State of Oregon Infrastructure Finance Authority.
I became interested in SI about two or three years ago when I started
noticing so many dual measurements everywhere. It just occurred to me that
I should do a little research and determine which measurement system is
better so we can embrace one and get rid of the other one. I was born and
raised using feet and pounds and gallons of course, so at first I thought
they were superior units of measure. Then I tried to find out how many
other nations use feet and pounds and gallons. When I found out that
essentially the entire planet has already embraced SI it became completely
obvious to me that the United States should do the same. I created Metric
Pioneer less than a year ago, but sadly, I discovered that very few
Americans have any interest in getting rid of Imperial units. I would be
happy to peruse any of the many similar articles that you have posted on
the USMA forum. I see that on Metric Pioneer Activity Streams: Stan Jakuba
becomes a registered member 4 months, 1 week ago. Thanks for signing up
with Metric Pioneer; I wish more people would. David Pearl
www.MetricPioneer.com 503-428-4917 Salem Oregon