You are welcome to keep trying, but I think the effort is doomed to failure.
There is a metric second, well defined, and integral to the definition of MANY
SI derived units.  Nobody is going to change it and cause redefinition of the
entire SI.  Unfortunately the day and year (both defined in mean solar terms)
are messy numbers of SI seconds, and are not suitable "constants" in any case
as
they change over time.

The lengths of months are irregular but we are well used to the irregularities
and I am not sure the "benefits" of making them more regular offset the
disadvantage of change.  (I'll be honest: I'm quite sure they don't.)

The Gregorian year (365.2425 days) is slightly too long and the error will get
worse going forward.  Any solution needs to address that the fraction is a
slowly declining value, going forward in time, and we only know the rate of
change to limited precision.  The simplest, least disruptive solution is keep
365 day common years, 366 day leap years every fourth year except centennial
years, and just modify the rule for centennial years until the year falls below
365.24 days (around +35000).  Ideally, we should change the current 1 in 4
centennial rule to 1 in 5, with the next centennial leap year in 2500.  That
would work until around 8000.  The centennial rule can be modified to "fine
tune" the third and fourth digit of the fraction over long periods (thousands
of
years).  No other calendar change is needed to keep the seasons on schedule,
even if some desire a more regular calendar.

The present leap second system would work if people with precision timing
applications would recognize it continues to occur at some random rate and
program to accomodate it.  The leap seconds are declared more than five months
in advance.  If they are an issue, there is little excuse for being surprised
by
them.  Critical timing applications should probably keep TAI, and then maintain
a leap second table to determine the offset to UTC.  Local civil time can then
be determined by time zone and summer/winter adjustments.  Predictions going
forward are for an increasing number of leap seconds per year, but that doesn't
seem to happening, which just shows how poor our long term forecasts for length
of day are.  In the future, it might be more attractive to bank all the leap
seconds and make them on one date rather than multiple insertions per year (we
currently average <1/year, so there is time to work it out).

I propose those simple, minimal steps are a lot better than discarding the
second and the calendar and starting over with sweeping proposals.

2013-03-29T09:03-04