From: owner-u...@colostate.edu [mailto:owner-u...@colostate.edu] On Behalf
Of Hillger,Donald
Sent: Wednesday, 2013 April 17 9:26
To: U.S. Metric Association
Subject: [USMA:52682] RE: Bombs Used in Boston Marathon Are Common in South
Asia - NYTimes.com

Ok, let's get the record straight here!  I've used pressure cookers a lot
and they have safety values, but they only allow the pressure to release
fast enough to avoid normal overheating.  An aunt of mine actually had her
pressure valve blow and it plastered the ceiling above the stove with the
food contents inside.

However, a bomb going off is certainly not going to be abated by a pressure
relief value!