Oops.  What converter, you ask?  This one:

http://www.amamanualofstyle.com/page/si-conversion-calculator

Sorry.

________________________________
From: John M. Steele <jmsteele9...@sbcglobal.net>
To: U.S. Metric Association <usma@colostate.edu>
Sent: Sun, May 19, 2013 6:06:45 PM
Subject: [USMA:52787] Re: B12 values

I can't answer the question, but I will observe that the Journal of the
American
Medical Association seems to make the same assumption.  This converter (scroll
down to table 2) is the only publically available part of the Manual of Style
for their journal.  You have to be a member for the rest.  Assuming you know
the
underlying reactions (I don't) the values expressed in amount of substance
divided by volume may be more useful.

American lab results are commonly expressed as mass/volume in appropriate units
(with volume often 1 dL).  Much of the rest of the world uses amount of
substance/volume (with volume usually 1 L).  The numerator prefix is scaled to
be "sensible" for the result.