From: pa03mk...@mail.house.gov
Date: May 22, 2013 03:20:42 PM
Subject: Responding to your message
To: avvvv...@sssss.com

May 22, 2013

Dear Mr. Arkwright,

Thank you for contacting me regarding moving the United States to the metric
system. I appreciate you taking
the time to contact me on this issue.

The United States remains the only major industrialized country to
predominantly use a nonmetric system. Use of the metric system, or
International System of Units (SI), has been legal in the United States since
1866. The 1988 amendment to the Metric Conversion Act of 1975 designated the
metric system as the preferred system of measurement for trade and commerce. It
also required federal agencies to begin using the metric system in grants
and other business-related activities.

There is currently no legislation related to the metric system before the
United States Congress. Should the United States Congress consider legislative
action related to this issue, I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind.

Again, thank you for contacting me regarding this important issue. Please do
not hesitate to contact me or my
staff if I can be of assistance in the future. It is an honor and privilege to
serve Western Pennsylvania
in the United States Congress.

Sincerely,

Mike Kelly