The response has a feedback link at the bottom.  Unfortunately, it only asks
how
you like the "We the People" system, not the response.  But there is "comments"
box.  I stuffed the following in it:

I have to offer a few thoughts on the response to the Metric “We The People”
petition:
First, quoting ‘We were thrilled to see this petition from “We the People”
succeed,’ I have to ask, did it?  I see no new action identified in the
response
that moves us towards metricating the United States.  Congress has indeed said
metric must be voluntary, but among English-speaking nations who used
Imperial/Customary, success or failure in completing metrication is inversely
proportional to the degree to which it is voluntary,  The US, UK, and Canada
have all floundered relative to Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa.  The
UK and Canada have been a little less voluntary and floundered a little less.
If it remains completely voluntary, it will completely flounder.

Most people are not equally “bilingual” in two systems of measurement.  It may
be necessary to consider two groups of monolingual people and ask whether they
are equally accommodated.  Those who have voluntarily metricated have not been
equally accommodated. The proposal, “So choose to live your life in metric if
you want” is not really possible.  If metric is preferred, then it should be
“necessary” if either party in a transaction requests, and should always be
“sufficient,” although supplemental information in the other system should be
allowed.  A non-exhaustive set of examples in which the law does not equally
accommodate citizens who have voluntarily metricated:
*The FPLA exempts meat, produce, and deli from the dual labeling requirements
of
FPLA,  By law, random weights, and weighed-at-retail must be weighed in pounds,
and metric information needn’t be provided.  The permissive-metric-only
amendment to the FPLA could rectify this one, but has basically gone nowhere
since 1997.  The 16 years of word tweaking is equivalent to rearranging the
deckchairs on the Titanic.
*Although wine and spirits must be labeled in metric, beer must be labeled in
Customary units and needn’t be labeled in metric.  Other exceptions exist that
are exempt from FPLA because they are regulated by agencies other than FTC and
FDA.  Commerce should have charge of all net content labeling, even if other
agencies regulate other aspects of the commodity.
*The DMV of my State (probably all States) requires me to state my height in
feet and inches (non-preferred units) and does not accept my heights in the
units Congress (who has the power to set the system of weights and measures)
claims are preferred.
*Almost 100% of road signs are in Customary, the MUTCD has removed metric sign
messages, and States have been allowed to say metric signage (the units
Congress
claims to prefer) is illegal on their roads.
As a result of certain compulsory use of Customary (non-preferred units) all
the
burden of bilingualism is placed on those who chose to metricate their lives,
and no or little burden is placed on those who choose to ignore metrication.
The lack of new action of any kind towards the petition request is
non-responsive.