Hi all,

I'm somewhat interested in the metric-only option of the UPLR, partly
because there's a sense of progress.  On some websites, you see
Hawaii, New Jersey, New York and Alabama as the last 4 states not to
adopt this option, and on others you see only New York and Alabama
remaining.  I take it this means there was recent progress.

Was this progress in any way related to USMA-led drives/efforts, or
did they just sort of happen organically, as it were?

Whatever became of the recent efforts towards New York and Alabama? I
notice searching the mailing lists there were some calls for residents
of their states to contact the appropriate people, eg. [2009], [2013],
and also some meetings with officials [2011].  Do we have any
information on what's holding these states back? (some sort of active
resistance? inertia?…)

Thanks (just curious),

Eric

[2009]: http://www.mail-archive.com/usma@colostate.edu/msg33182.html