Mark. I am indeed already using Facebook and Twitter for this survey and all my SI promotion efforts. Please feel free to go on your Facebook and Twitter and pass this survey on to your contacts as well. The reason I do not go into detail about things like A4 paper size (as you suggest) is that most Americans have no idea that A4 is even an option; my rigged survey is intended to inspire people to investigate details like that on their own. Have you ever visited Metric Pioneer? Facebook and Twitter links are right on top of the web page.

David Pearl www.MetricPioneer.com 503-428-4917

----- Message from mw-hensch...@neiu.edu ---------
    Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2013 19:06:09 -0500
    From: Henschel Mark <mw-hensch...@neiu.edu>
Subject: Re: [USMA:53123] Language of Mathematics - American Competency Survey
      To: cont...@metricpioneer.com
      Cc: "U.S. Metric Association" <usma@colostate.edu>

David:

I think nine is a rather small sample, even if you use the Student's T
distribution, the data is unlikely to be very reliable.

I'd suggest going for a bigger audience. How about using Facebook or
Twitter for you survey, and ask people that if A4 were available for
an equal or smaller price than US eight and a half by eleven how many
people would be willing to switch.

Mark