ANSI does not, itself, develop standards.  It accredits standards developing
organizations, and those organizations may submit their standards as proposed
ANSI standards.  ASTM is such an organization.  Note as an example that ANSI
SI10 is jointly developed by IEEE and ASTM (at one time they each issued such a
standard, then collaborated).