Hi, everyone,

From the La Grange Daily News
<https://lagrangenews.com/opinion/12881/columnist-bits-and-pieces-wasteful-spending-the-square-and-sneezes>,
 (in Georgia,) a columnist writing on wasteful spending by the US Government
quotes ten examples listed by the Federal Spending Oversight Subcommittee,
chaired by Senator Paul Rand.

No. 10 — TV commercials to promote Christmas trees at Christmastime: $50,000.

No. 9 — Yoga Classes for Federal Bureaucrats: $150,000.

No. 8 — A study to figure out why Americans don’t want to use the metric
system: $188,000.

No. 7 — Paid for children from Pakistan to travel to the U.S., attend space
camp and visit Dollywood: $250,000.

No. 6 — A study about the 1972 video game “Pong”: $350,000.

No. 5 — A made-for-TV professional cricket league in Afghanistan: $850,000.

No. 4 — A wine-making studies curriculum for community colleges: $853,000.

No. 3 — Research on the effectiveness of golf equipment in space: $15 Million.

No. 2 — A gas station in Afghanistan that practically no one can use: $43
Million.

No. 1 — Allowed school lunch program funds to pay for lawn sprinklers, among
other things: $158 Million

(Emphasis added.)

I would have thought the results of the study would be useful, and the cost
doesn’t seem exorbitant. Does anyone have any information about this study, and
if the results could be made public?

https://lagrangenews.com/opinion/12881/columnist-bits-and-pieces-wasteful-spending-the-square-and-sneezes

<https://lagrangenews.com/opinion/12881/columnist-bits-and-pieces-wasteful-spending-the-square-and-sneezes>

As we say in Australia, “Have a good weekend!”

Best wishes,

Peter Goodyear