From: Nate Temple [mailto:nate.tem...@ettus.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2017 5:43 PM
To: Matheou, Konstantin J. (GRC-LCI0)[ZIN TECHNOLOGIES INC]
<konstantin.j.math...@nasa.gov>
Cc: Marcus Müller <marcus.muel...@ettus.com>; usrp-users
<usrp-users@lists.ettus.com>
Subject: Re: [USRP-users] When ssh'ing Getting prompt for Password Issue

Hi Konstantin,

I think the issue now lays within some routing or networking issue between the
E310 and the VirtualMachine.

Perhaps try turning off the firewall on your Windows host.

Test pinging the VM from the E310 when connected via serial connection.

Try pinging the E310 from the Windows host.

This is now a networking issue. We typically don't recommend operating in a
VirtualMachine, except for advanced users, as it adds another layer of
complexity. You will need to try debugging what is going on. I suggest looking
at each interface connected, via Wireshark in the VM, and also running
Wireshark on the Windows host.

Regards,
Nate Temple

> On Aug 8, 2017, at 2:29 PM, Matheou, Konstantin J. (GRC-LCI0)[ZIN
> TECHNOLOGIES INC] <konstantin.j.math...@nasa.gov> wrote:
>
> Nate...  I rebooted the E310 by shutting it down via the software shutdown -h
> now command...
>
> When it came back up and I logged in as root..  When I tried pinging, it
> stated the host is unreachable...
>
> I di the ifdown and ifup and ip a and then the ping command again, and still
> the same issue.
>
> What do you think?

            • ... Matheou, Konstantin J. (GRC-LCI0)[ZIN TECHNOLOGIES INC] via USRP-users
            • ... Nate Temple via USRP-users
            • ... Matheou, Konstantin J. (GRC-LCI0)[ZIN TECHNOLOGIES INC] via USRP-users
            • ... Matheou, Konstantin J. (GRC-LCI0)[ZIN TECHNOLOGIES INC] via USRP-users
            • ... Nate Temple via USRP-users
            • ... Matheou, Konstantin J. (GRC-LCI0)[ZIN TECHNOLOGIES INC] via USRP-users
            • ... Nate Temple via USRP-users
            • ... Matheou, Konstantin J. (GRC-LCI0)[ZIN TECHNOLOGIES INC] via USRP-users
            • ... Matheou, Konstantin J. (GRC-LCI0)[ZIN TECHNOLOGIES INC] via USRP-users
            • ... Nate Temple via USRP-users
            • ... Matheou, Konstantin J. (GRC-LCI0)[ZIN TECHNOLOGIES INC] via USRP-users
            • ... Nate Temple via USRP-users
            • ... Matheou, Konstantin J. (GRC-LCI0)[ZIN TECHNOLOGIES INC] via USRP-users
  • Re:... Neel Pandeya via USRP-users
  • Re:... Matheou, Konstantin J. (GRC-LCI0)[ZIN TECHNOLOGIES INC] via USRP-users