Hi Dave,

What is the error when uhd_fft fails over the USB2 port?

The routing is different between the USB2 and USB3 ports on the XU4. The USB3
ports are routed through a USB3 hub (GL3521) and also have a RTL8153 1GbE
ethernet controller on the #1 channel. They also provide their own bus power
through the NCP380HM switch. I don't know where the issue is at with the XU4
power via the USB3 ports, but any of these could be the culprit. I know Odroid
will recommend a powered hub for USB3 devices that don't have an external power
option. The schematics will show all the details:

https://dn.odroid.com/5422/ODROID-XU4/Schematics/

Regards,
Nate Temple