Hi Vladimir,

synchronization is usually among the most CPU-intense things a receiver
does (only, if at all, contested by channel decoding for complex codes).
So, the 100% CPU utilization don't sound totally unreasonable, depending
on your system.

That being said, I don't want to rule out bugs, but for the time being,
I'd declare this issue as "unclear, probably insufficient compute power".

Can you tell us a bit about your computer, in terms of CPU model,
motherboard chipset, RAM configuration, OS? If you install and run
"htop"¹, you'll see which block does how much without much complication,
and maybe also significant non-GNU Radio CPU usage (for example, my mail
client and my browser idling use *serious* amounts of CPU).

Another thing worth trying is to close all software that might be using
CPU (check with htop!) and then run "volk_profile"; this should test a
lot of hand-written implementations for certain math operations, which
might significantly speed up the polyphase clock sync.

Best regards,

Marcus

¹: I'm assuming you're using windows; after starting htop, press F2 for
setup, go into the "Display Options", enable "Show custom thread names",
press Esc