Hi Tarik,

I'm glad you got that working. Yes, modifying UHD is certainly a way that
you can specify a custom file. I didn't mention it because the device
arguments method works in nearly all software. For instance, the path to
the bitstream can certainly be supplied as a parameter in GNU Radio
Companion as I said earlier. I've attached a screenshot of the USRP Source
block in GRC with an FPGA image specified.

The device arguments are covered in the manual here.
http://files.ettus.com/manual/page_configuration.html