From: Marcus Müller via USRP-users
Sent: Thursday, February 8, 4:55 AM
Subject: Re: [USRP-users] Process IQ samples in real time using gnuradio
To: usrp-users@lists.ettus.com

Hi Alejandro, so, if you want to process streams of data, Matlab alone really
isn't the way to go, if you ask me. With simulink, you might put your matlab
code into a processing block and stream your data through that. The SDRu
toolbox that Mathworks offers has USRP support, so you wouldn't need GNU Radio.
I'm not sure it already supports the twinRX yet, to be honest. Another option
is to take your matlab code, and let matlab generate C/C++ code from that, and
build a GNU Radio block that uses that code. This might or might not be awkward
:) Personally, I think that a hybrid solution is often the most reasonable
approach: If you have something that needs to be done in real-time, do it in
GNU Radio; if it's analysis that can / should be done afterwards, do it in
Matlab. That is a tool that comes with great, great signal processing
toolboxes! Notice that four channels of 80 MHz coming from an X310+2×TwinRX is
*very much data* (in fact, it's more than 12 Gbps). Unoptimized .m-code will
probably not be anything that you want to push this through. Best regards,
Marcus On Thu, 2018-02-08 at 10:51 +0100, ALEJANDRO BLANCO PIZARRO via USRP-
users wrote: > Dear community, > > I would like to process in Matlab IQ samples
generated by a USRP x310 > (2 twinRX) using gnuradio. Instead of saving them in
a file and to > process later, it is possible to send them to matlab and
process in > real time? > > Thank in advance. Best regards, > Alejandro >