Hello Evan:

I think that you need to have a license for the Communication Toolbox in
order to use the USRP Support Package for Matlab, but I would contact
technical support at The MathWorks to confirm this.

https://www.mathworks.com/hardware-support/usrp.html

There is nothing that you need from Ettus Research. We do not provide any
license file. Matlab does not require any license from Ettus Research in
order to use the USRP.

Which USRP device are you trying to use?

I would strongly recommend that you use the latest version of Matlab, which
is R2018a, and which uses UHD 3.9.7. Version 2015a is now quite old.

--Neel Pandeya