Hi Sarah - Glad you're heading down a positive path.

The header data is removed from the raw data being decoded, but added as
meta-data on the stream. This meta-data is optionally printed out by GR
OFDM and/or various Qt displays. Once the header has been verified (via
CRC8), it is no longer part of the raw OFDM symbol data.
Cheers! - MLD