Hi,

Previously I have posted the thread about the power issues of UBX 160
daughterboard, I have been trying new driver 3.11 and different version of UBX
160 and SBX v3. And I found that in TDD mode Tx power is different for
different version of daughterboard.

It seems that for SBX V3 and UBX160 V1, maximum Tx power is quite strong while
TX and RX sharing one anteena in TDD mode. However, if I swap to UBX160 V2 to
run with same code and setting, it shows dramatically Tx power drop of about
30dB weaker than with UBX160 V1.

According to manual of SPDT switch SKY13350-385LF, the isolation is about 22dB
at 3.5GHz , which means that if we use maximum Tx and Rx gain we could burn
mixer with power leaked through SPDT switch in TDD mode(20-22+31=29dbm>15dbm)?
It seems that in V2 this is avoided by constraining Tx power to very low level
in TDD mode. However, in our project we really need to have full Tx power in
TDD mode, is there anyway to apply full transmit power on UBX160V2 in TDD mode?

Thank you very much!

Liang

Hi,

Thanks for the reply!

For the moment, if I upgrade to latest version of UHD, my programe does not
work properly(lots of LLLLLL). Therefore I could not tell if it helps or not.

The "L" indicator indicates *late* samples--you are setting a send time on your
bursts and by the time the burst arrives at the USRP, that
  time has already passed.  Make sure that you are properly synchronized in
time with the USRP in scheduling bursts.
====================================================================================================
Yes, the TDD system is little complicated and it would be nice to figure out if
new driver works before I adapt it to new driver. I will try to test new driver
power output.

One burst is about half millisecond. I thought it is long enough, is it?

500usec should be long enough, yes.  There'll be a few usec of transition time
at the beginning.
====================================================================================================
Do you have any clue about the reason for this very strange power issue? It
seems that switch to port "RX2" change some setting and influence
the power output. Could you list some source file of uhd driver which might
influence the power output?

Thank you very much!

Sincerely,

Liang Zhou