Steve , I got the feeling from your original message, though you didn’t say it
outright, that you might be using the same USRP its self as the signal
generator with loopback cables.

If so, beware “self receive” via paths other than your calibrated length cables
confusing the results, a sensitive full duplex radio like this hears its self
via various leakage paths especially with RX and TX tuned to the same freq.

(I’m assuming in the original email the cable you added was 50.8cm or 0.508m,
right?)

-Ian