two release candidates back to back!
While we're wrapping up the 18.104.22.168 release, we're already preparing
for a 22.214.171.124 release.
If you're wondering which version to choose (126.96.36.199 or 188.8.131.52),
here's a few guidelines:
- 184.108.40.206 added White Rabbit support for the N310, so if you need that,
you need the newest release.
- 220.127.116.11 removed some public API calls, it is thus an API-breaking
release (note that these were some obscure API calls, most users
won't see a difference. GNU Radio users certainly won't).
If you want to keep everything as stable as possible, but want all the
recent bugfixes, pick the 18.104.22.168 release.
- If you're still unsure, go through the changelog (pasted below) and
see if some of the new features are relevant to your project.
Most notably, the addition of the BasicRX A/B muxing for X310 (which
was not available since UHD 3.10) and the re-added ability to modulate
the DAC on the N210/N200 could be relevant.
* N3x0: Add White Rabbit support, add N300 support, standard BIST
includes fan, fix issue with 1GigE, switch to 2 radio blocks
with 2 channels each, upgrade TDC to version 2.0
* X300: Enable BasicRX to use A/B/AB/BA muxing setups, more consistent
logging, fix enumeration issue with TwinRX
* USRP2/N2x0: Re-add ability to modulate in the DAC, improve ISE
settings to better meet timing
* B205mini: Fix global reset, improve timing in b205_ref_pll
* UHD: Remove a lot of Boost usage, mostly replaced by C++11 features,
more unit tests, fix Boost 1.67 compatibility, fix compiler
warnings, add API to query clock rate range, fix get_usrp_?x_info
* MPM: Refactored N3xx code, moved C++ standard to 14, refactor
Boost.Python bindings, use CMake variable MPM_DEVICE
* Logging: Allow disabling fastpath msgs at runtime
* Docs: Clarified meaning of DSP frequencies, improved manual
section on synchronization, added some known issues to B100,
USRP2, and USRP1, update test test procedure description
* Examples: Improved benchmark_rate (added failure thresholds, fixed
incorrect calculation of samples on drops, fixed timeout values),
minor fixes to txrx_loopback_to_file
* Utils: Handle U's in calibration tools, create-lvbitx.py is now Py3k
compatible, fixed git-hash.sh
* RFNoC: DDCs/DUCs use DDSes instead of CORDIC, add DMA-based replay
block in FPGA, add 64-bit support to axi_wrapper, add compat
number to radio block,
* Debian: Fix rules file, fix Changelog format
* Fix license headers
* This release includes all bugfixes and features from previous
releases, in particular, the 3.11.* release cycle
USRP-users mailing list