Hi Alvin.    All Ettus Research USRP SDRs ship with default FPGA bitstreams
that have the same basic functionality: 1) a digital interface to the RF
front end (ADCs/DACs), 2) digital up and down converters, 3) interpolation
and decimation blocks to adjust the sample rate, and 4) digital logic for
control, system configuration, data streaming, synchronization, and
interfaces to the host PC running UHD/GNU Radio.   In the case of the B210,
the data/control interface between the USRP and the B210 is orchestrated by
a Cypress FX3 USB3 controller IC that resides on the B210.

The product datasheets available at www.ettus.com, the schematics (
https://files.ettus.com/schematics/b200/), and the Knowledge Base (
kb.ettus.com) are good references for additional details.

*It is worth emphasizing that a majority of USRP users do not need to
modify the FPGA and should not attempt to do so unless they possess
expertise in FPGA design.  *

Ettus Research does make the FPGA code for all of our products freely
available on Github, although we cannot provide support on this mailing
list for people who customize this code and encounter difficulties.

In the case of the USRP B210, with the exception of the USRP Source and
USRP Sync GNU Radio Companion blocks, which are graphical representations
of the USRP receive and transmit chains, the functionality represented by
the GNU Radio flowgraph runs primarily on the host PC.

I encourage you to work through the GNU Radio guided tutorial:
https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/Guided_Tutorial_Hardware_Considerations
Also, it it well worth consulting some supplementary reference material to
build up general knowledge about RF and SDR:
https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/SuggestedReading

-Robin