Hello,

I am developing a program on an Ettus USRP E312 using GNU Radio 3.7.10.2
and Ubuntu 16.04.3. I have created a cross-compile environment on my host
machine and copied this onto the E312 by following:
https://kb.ettus.com/Software_Development_on_the_E3xx_USRP_-_Building_RFNoC_UHD_/_GNU_Radio_/_gr-ettus_from_Source

I have also installed the following SD Card image:
http://files.ettus.com/e3xx_images/e3xx-release-4/ettus-e3xx-sg3/
(Demo on one device and Development on another, just to verify the issue is
not restricted to any one of them). The RFNoC FPGA Image
rfnoc-devel-238-g39a41476 was installed onto the device.

In my application I am using the RFNoC Radio blocks in gr-ettus as my radio
source and sink blocks. My issue is that when I set my radio to TX on 1
port (Channel 0 TRX port) and RX on 2 ports (Channel 0 RX2 and Channel 1
RX2) the TX signal no longer transmits my modulated waveform. Instead, and
this is my hypothesis based on my observations using a separate Spectrum
Analyser, it outputs the local oscillator pulse at the set RF frequency.
The problem goes away when I set it to TX on 1 port (Channel 0 TRX) and RX
on 1 port (Channel 0 RX2), or when I TX on 2 ports (Channel 0 TRX and
Channel 1 TRX) and RX on 2 ports (Channel 0 RX2 and Channel 1 RX2).

Is this a known bug with the RFNoC FPGA image provided in the first link
above or in the SD Card image in the second link and has there been a fix
implemented for this? So far my work around for the 1 TX 2 RX link is to
set it up as a 2 TX 2 RX link and send a null source to the second
transmitter in my GNU Radio flowgraph - but this is not ideal as energy is
still used to transmit the local oscillator pulse on the second TX output.

Any insight into this will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for reading this message.

Kind regards,

Ronakraj