Just a follow-up, for anyone wondering:

The system worked flawlessly. And, as expected, a SATA-3 SSD is not fast
enough to store a dual, 200 MSps (6.4 Gbps x 2) stream from an X310 on the
fly, but saving files to RAM works great for now.

By the way, a quick advice for everyone: always check the motherboard
manual about how many PCIe lanes are active in a given slot, even if it's a
full size one. It happened to me that a x4, full-size slot only allowed me
to use two lanes because I had a WiFi card installed on another 1x,
small-form-factor slot. The odd thing was that two PCIe 3.0 lanes give a
theoretical bandwidth of around 1600 MB/s, which is roughly what I needed
for my streams to work; but because the actual performance of the system
was just a bit slower, fewer than 1% of packages were dropped, which was
annoying until I realized where I had messed up.

Best regards,

Leo