I would expect it grow indefinitely, but it might slow down after 1.2
MB. If repeat is on, expect lots of data.

The 106 bytes vs. 64 bytes is more interesting. I don't see why, but
maybe somewhere the last 42 bytes are getting stuck. It might even be in
GNU Radio.

Try a file that's a multiple of your SPP value, and see what happens
then (with repeat set to off).

-- m