On 05/10/2018 11:16 AM, Devin Kelly via USRP-users wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to log underflows.  All I really need is a list of timestamps
> (or sample numbers) when an underflow occurs.  I can't easily figure out
> how to do this.  I'm using UHD 3.9.7.

You will need to call recv_async_msg() (see:
http://files.ettus.com/manual/classuhd_1_1device.html#a18f94b4369ebfa03358b06bef000dacd).
It will return a uhd::async_metadata_t (see:
http://files.ettus.com/manual/structuhd_1_1async__metadata__t.html).
Check if it's an underrun, then you have the timestamp.

> Also, setting these two env variables doesn't have any effect on logging:
>
> UHD_LOG_LEVEL

On 3.9, we used a somewhat counter-intuitive log level format. These are
valid log levels:

https://github.com/EttusResearch/uhddev/blob/b21276c415ee0046eda6c7af94e89ae4cb859c9c/host/include/uhd/utils/log.hpp#L73-L80

> UHD_LOG_FILE

This was added in 3.11. In 3.9, it would always log to uhd.log in a temp
directory.

-- M