Dear all,

I am playing with RFNoC on a USRP X300. I built a custom RFNoC FPGA image with the blocks that I need successfully and everything goes smooth. However, if I want to use a flowgraph with only RFNoC blocks (RFNoC Radio RX --> DmaFIFO --> RFNoC Radio TX), it does not work. The USRP does nothing (no blinking leds, no error messages, nothing). If I replace the DmaFIFO block with a Copy block, then it works but, as expected, this is not efficient since all the samples go to the host and go back to the USRP. I would want to perform a relay by using only RFNoC blocks. My impression is that a command to the USRP might be needed (a streaming command or so), but I have no idea what is wrong.

I attach the flowgraph.

(only RFNoC blocks does not work)

(flowing samples to host and going back to USRP does work but it is extremely inefficient)

Thank you.

--

Dr. Pol Henarejos
Researcher

Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (CTTC)
Av. Carl Friedrich Gauss, 7
08860 Castelldefels, Barcelona (Spain)
Tel: +34 93 645 29 00  Ext: 2177
www.cttc.cat