Hi,

1) You cannot reduce noc_shell resource usage much. You can try
putting all your custom logic in just one RFNoC block, that way you do
not incur the overhead of multiple noc_shell instances.
2) Do you mean "Can I access PS DDR memory directly from the FPGA
fabric?" If so, yes you can via the HP AXI ports. You'll need
something to interface with the HP AXI port though. Xilinx's AXI
Datamover or AXI DMA IP blocks are decent choices.

Jonathon