You cannot have a block with 0 inputs or 0 outputs from the HDL
perspective. You will always have at least 1 input and 1 output. You
can tie off the unused input or output though. Also, in your GRC XML,
you can choose not to declare the output or input. Check out
uhd_rfnoc_siggen.xml, which works just fine as a 0-input 1-output
block even though siggen.xml has a "dump" input declared.