Hello,

I am trying to debug a channel sounder I made in GNUradio. As a sanity
check, I made a new project that sends a sin into TX0 and Nulls into the
other three TX. After attaching a spectrum analyzer to TX0 and running the
sin project I get very strange and incoherent results.

(N310 - SMA - 30dB attenuator - SMA2BNC - RSA 3408A Spectrum Analyzer)

I suspect there is an issue with my sampling rate choices. What would be a
reasonable sampling rate choice for a sanity check?

I understand that the chosen sampling rate should be an even factor of one
of the four master clocks that the N310 supports. However, when I pick
low-ish rates (KHz range) the result is a garbage saw-tooth in time domain
and a strange step-like pyramid in frequency domain. Higher sampling rates
(MHz scale) cause GNUradio to crash and lock up. (I am changing the sin
frequency every time I change the sampling rate to keep things in line with
Nyquest-Shannon)

Thank you for the help in advance.

Ali

PS: Currently recompiling UHD and GNUradio to get the 13.0.0.1 update.