Hello all,

Last week I posted a question, on how I could confirm that a custom RFNoC
signal generator (piloted from a UHD API) functioned as intended. I received
the tip to probe my block using the Vivado ILA. A great idea, because I did not
know this existed (I am quite new in FPGA design) and it is a useful tool.

Now, I was able to confirm that my custom block is functioning as intended by
placing an ILA internal to it. However, no actual samples are ever generated
due to a design choice I made; sample generation is only triggered when the
block receives a tready signal from a downstream block. In this case a DUC
block. In other words, the block stays dormant, waiting to receive a trigger.

That leaves me with the question why it never receives this signal. Could
someone explain to me at what point a DUC block will assert its tready signal?
I was under the impression that as soon as I connected the blocks (using
uhd::rfnoc::graph::connect()) as follows: SIGGEN --> DUC --> Radio, the DUC and
Radio blocks would be asserting their ready samples directly after. But
apparently this is not the case.

Thank you for your replies,

Koen