I think I figured it out. Since the receive streamer is expecting recv() to
be called continuously until the stop command is sent there will be some
left over samples between sending the command and the device recognizing
the command. I simply use while(!rx_metadata.end_of_burst) loop to clear
those leftover samples after sending the stop command.