Hello everyone,

I'm considering to create virtual SDR device based on UHD (as libuhd
module) and virtual radio channel (probably a GNU Radio based program).
The main aim is to enable (at least partial) testing of programs using
without need to run actual hardware (i.e. to run base transceiver
station and at digital signal level connect to it mobile stations -
purely in software).

I need some way to send digital samples between fake SDR devices and
fake radio radio channel and I'm looking at different, already existing
options. One of them is to reuse one of transports from UHD
(https://files.ettus.com/manual/namespaceuhd_1_1transport.html). I'm
trying to find something from what I can start and at the moment it
doesn't seem to be straightforward (possibly because I don't know too
much about how UHD transports work).

So I decided to ask these questions here:

1. Is there some example how to use any of UHD transports to send signal
samples, meta-data and control information (carriers, gains, etc.) from
one process to another on the same host or over network (at the moment
anything is good for me)?

2. If there is no, can such example be easily created?

3. If not - does it make sense to try to reuse UHD transports for the
described purpose? Maybe there exists something more universal or maybe
it's better to do it from scratch?

--
Best Regards,
Piotr Krysik